NEQ - Phase 4
Phase four of the NEQ project involved the sequenced demolition of an existing site-wide ground floor podium slab and supporting structures. During and after this activity, the works also required the design and installation of temporary works to various perimeter conditions as identified by Halcrow Yolles. Specifically the demolition phase scope of works included the following:-
- Removal, under controlled and licensed conditions, of any asbestos materials to the ground floor and basement structures. Safe disposal of materials in accordance with the hazardous waste regulations.
- Soft Strip of all materials from existing structures.
- Structural Demolition of existing block Q and clearance and disposal of all materials from site.
- Demolition of existing ground floor podium slab and supporting structure.
- Demolition of existing basement slab.
- Removal of existing building foundations to clear pile locations.
- Reclaimation of concrete demolition arisings and on-site processing to 6F2 specification.
- Placement and compaction of minimum 500mm thick piling platform mat while using site processed materials.
In addition to the original scope of works, H Smith were instructed to carry out the following key works during the contract period:-
- Construction of temporary vehicle ramp to form alternative valet car park access.
- Specialist saw cutting to reduce the projecting West 1,4,7 Triton Square building ground beam.
- Design and installation of temporary works kingposts to the residential building retaining walls, thus enabling the follow-on Contractor to carry out secant wall preparation and installation.
- Relocation of East and West elevation hoardings to new lines.